Saturday, April 30, 2011

And we're back...

Where to begin? The last 4 days have been a whirlwind...

Tuesday, the day after the ol' lady gave out on me, was just one of those days. The shenanigans were endless. Did somebody say shenanigans? Hours were needlessly wasted...yadayada, until I finally pulled out of the campsite at about 6:30, hoping to arrive at Lake Como before 10, where old old friend Julia DeWahl was waiting for me. More shenanigans, I didn't get there until midnight and missed out on what would have been an unbelievable views of northeastern Italy because of the darkness. But enough of my whining...

Wednesday was non-stop action. After a brief detour through the town of Como to find Julia  helmet, we hopped on the revived pony and set off for Bellagio...the "pearl of Como," according to locals. After a quick tour, which was awesome, we took a ferry across the lake and started a hike up into the mountains.. What I thought was going to be a ho-hum walk up into the forest soon turned into an epic journey with RIDICULOUS views of the lakes and mountainside villages below...take a look.

We headed into Milan on Thursday and spent the afternoon near il Duomo and some of the historic sites...pretty much hit up every prime location for people watching and did our best to enjoy the local goods. Most importantly, I was able to scope out some good poses, as tourists from all over flocked to the must-see sites intent on making wonderful fools of themselves.

Today, Friday, Julia took off to meet a friend in Cinque Terre and I tied up a few loose ends in Milan. I left in the afternoon for Nice, by way of Genoa and Monaco, getting a chance to skirt the Mediterranean in northwestern Italy and southeastern France. I'll be her ein nice for the first half of tomorrow (or so I plan), before leaving for Aix-en-Provence...

Enjoy the photos from the last 4 days...there are a bunch.


First look at Lake Como...

 Downtown Como...returning from helmet purchase and about to steal into a bakery and stuff our faces with awesome bread and cheese
 

Bellagio...yuuummmmmy

Me and Julia at the top of one of the lakeside mountains

Looking down one side of the mountain...

 And looking down the other, towards Como and Bellagio

 
Roof of il Duomo in Milan...

 En route to Nice...a ancient hilltop town just outside of Monaco. Not bad...


"Humor me... "

  
Notice the white and green poo on the left side of my computer screen...
I kid you not, a pigeon (showcasing outstanding accuracy) laid that bomb
while I sat in the "Piazza Duomo"

Sporting my "guber gear" in a right-sexy pose...
Just after driving through a torrential downpour/lightning storm

Sporting their own "guber gear" in a right-terrifying pose. I know they're just kids, but still...
"My name's Chucky, want to play...?"


Schedule:
In Nice now, hoping to go get burned sitting by the water. Possibly off to Aix-en-Provence tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment