Friday, April 22, 2011

München

I promised myself and my sisters that I would run in a half marathon with them in Vermont in early June when I get home. Ouch, right? All that talk of weissbier yesterday had me feeling a little bit guilty and nervous about not having kept up the training since I started this trip. So day #2 in Munich started with a nice little run through awesome "Englischer Park," where I soon had myself confused and lost among all the criss-crossing trails. After a good 2+ hours (jogging long since turned to walking) I finally got myself out of there and had a quick shower before heading downtown to check out the Munich sights. Of note were the Neues Rathaus (not so "neues"= new), the Hofgarten, the Hofbräuhaus (most famous brewery/bier garten/bier hall in Munich, former brewery to the old Royal Residence when beer was reserved to highest social class, and site of earliest Nazi meetings), my weissbier, würst, and sauerkraut dinner, and the high level of attractiveness among the Bavarian (or at least München) women...

Not quite ready to leave this city. Will stick around tomorrow to see a few more things, including the BMW museum and Olympic park...

Photos!

Neues Rathaus (New Town Hall) at Marienplatz

 A pretty standard wiener house...

The Hofgarten, alongside the Residenz (old royal palace of Bavarian monarchs)

 Northern side of the Residenz at sunset

 Thanks!!!
(Actually means "Drive Well!" but no one cares what it actually means)

Hofbräuhaus!

 Famous Frauenkirche with its green "onion domes"


By popular demand, the "pose post" is back, although I'm having to amend the subject matter of this section due to insufficient material. Take 'em for what they're worth...they required quick and sometimes dangerous camera work!

"Ginger chic"...?

 
 Grizzly Adams had has a beard!


Schedule:
Somewhat undecided...Intended on doing Munich in the morning, Dachau in the afternoon, and then driving to Innsbruck before nightfall. Might have to stay here another night and push Innsbruck back until Saturday...We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment