Sunday, April 10, 2011

STEP 1: Buy a bike


A German love affair, aka my steed... So here she is after hours of cleaning and fixing, a '99 BMW F650; charged with the task of carrying me safely across Europe in the coming weeks. Had a rough start to our relationship when, last Wednesday, she started bucking on the autobahn and refused to start up again until 4 hours and one tow truck later....we've since made up, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my cell phone handy in case she throws another fit.

The two guys in the back, Pappa Schlumf and Markus, are the saints that have helped me get everything prepared this week...I am hugely in debt to them.

Schedule:
Hamburg on Monday, by way of Hannover

3 comments:

  1. hi uncle pete this is bennett. i like your motor michael, i am so excited to read more as you travel across europe! be safe and were counted down the days til u get home.

    xxoo - bbp

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! cant wait to hear the adventure stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we love you uncle pete! safe guten riding!!

    ReplyDelete